Worship Arts Director--Part Time
Open: Summer 2016
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a part-time Worship Arts Director to join our team at LifeChange Community Church outside of Grand Rapids, MI. This person will be responsible for helping to “escort our congregation” into spirit-led worship during our Sunday morning celebration services. Our worship “style” includes music from Tomlin, Redman, Hillsong, etc.
We’re looking for someone who can lead worship from the “overflow” of what God is doing in their own life and faith journey. We’re looking for someone who has a passion to see people come to faith in Jesus and understands the role that worship plays in spiritual formation and cultivating hearts. We’re looking for someone with the “heart of a pastor” not a “rock star” who performs (although, musical talent is important). We’re also looking for the person who understands how to multiply leadership and knows how to lead worship in a “team” environment by developing and worshiping alongside our volunteers.
LifeChange Community Church is a growing fellowship located in the heartland of West Michigan southwest of Grand Rapids and east of Holland in a community called Burnips (it’s about 17 minutes to WalMart!). We belong to a group of churches known as The Wesleyan Church. In the past three years, we’ve grown from an average attendance of 250 to 400 on Sunday mornings as we continue to be intentional about reaching the increasing number of people who are moving to our community and who need the good news of Jesus Christ!
While we have a 93-year history, we spend very little time looking in the rear-view mirror because we’re focused on what God is doing beyond the windshield. Our church has been “ramping up” its intentionality to reach people who are spiritually homeless and in need of a “LifeChange”. Our mission is extremely simple and is wrapped up in four strategic words: To help “nudge” people in their faith journey to WORSHIP, CONNECT, SERVE AND GROW.
- Provide leadership to our worship and technical volunteer teams.
- Regularly lead congregational worship (with the philosophy of developing others in this role).
- Multiply ministry by recruiting, developing and empowering volunteers to serve.
- Plan and coordinate worship for special events (Christmas Eve, Church in the Park, etc)
- Oversee needed upgrades/maintenance of music/worship-related technical equipment
- Serve in other ministry capacities when available and as needed and directed by the Lead Pastor (weddings, funerals, occasional pastoral care, etc).
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE…
- A strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Good relational skills with both adults and teens.
- An understanding of the importance of multiplying ministry through others.
- Appropriate musical and vocal skills to lead the congregation and our worship volunteers.
- Creativity to “think outside the box!”
- An understanding of the difference between being an “owner” (a self-initiator) and a “hired hand” (“just tell me what to do”).
- If married, a healthy marriage and family life.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- A strong desire and ability to effectively serve in a team context with staff and other ministry leaders.
- An appreciation for and desire to serve in a rural (but growing) ministry context.
- A college degree desired but not required. 2-5 years of experience leading worship.
Send your resume with references and provide a link to 2-3 video samples of your experience leading worship to email@example.com