Kids Ministries Director--Part Time
Open: Summer 2016
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
We’re looking for a part-time Kids Ministry Director to join our team at LifeChange Community Church outside of Grand Rapids, MI. Our Kid’s Director will lead a growing ministry group of 50+ kids, along with several adult volunteers. This person will partner with adult volunteers and parents to help kids come to faith in Jesus and become passionate in their faith journey.
We’re looking for the person who understands how to multiply leadership. We’re not looking for a “rock star” for whom all of the kids scream over (although, being able to connect with kids is A MUST!). We’re looking for someone who is so passionate about kids, that they share the ministry role with volunteers. They understand the power of multiplication and that a partnership with parents means more kids are reached and transformed by the power of the gospel!
LifeChange Community Church is a growing fellowship located in the heartland of West Michigan southwest of Grand Rapids and east of Holland in a community called Burnips (it’s about 17 minutes to WalMart!). We belong to a group of churches known as The Wesleyan Church. In the past 3 years, we’ve grown from an average attendance of 250 to 400 on Sunday mornings as we continue to be intentional about reaching the increasing number of people who are moving to our community and who need the good news of Jesus Christ!
While we have a 93-year history, we spend very little time looking in the rear-view mirror because we’re focused on what God is doing beyond the windshield. Our church has been “ramping up” its intentionality to reach people who are spiritually homeless and in need of a “LifeChange”. Our mission is extremely simple and is wrapped up in four strategic words: To help “nudge” people in their faith journey to WORSHIP, CONNECT, SERVE AND GROW.
- Provide leadership for kids ministry programming from birth-4th grade.
- Multiply ministry by recruiting, developing and empowering volunteers to serve.
- Provide vision and strategy for reaching kids who need Jesus in our community.
- Develop and facilitate a “serving culture” within our kids ministry.
- Oversee Wednesday Kids big event (now called “Collide”)
- Oversee (but not necessarily lead) Kids Church during our Sunday worship celebration.
- Oversee the Kids Ministry budget.
- Serve as a “bridge” between parents of kids and the local church helping them spiritually lead their own kids.
- Be available to serve in other ministry capacities as needed and directed by the Lead Pastor (care to a family in need, administrative tasks, etc).
OTHER POTENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (DEPENDING ON HOURS AVAILABLE)
- Oversee and provide consultation with our Sunday morning nursery and preschool volunteers.
- Provide consultation with the adult leaders of “The Bridge” ministry (5th & 6th grade).
- Provide leadership to help our kids get registered and attend summer Kids Camp.
- Provide leadership for our summer VBS ministry.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- A strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Good relational skills with both kids and adults.
- An understanding of the importance of multiplying ministry through others.
- An understanding of the difference between being an “owner” (a self-initiator) and a “hired hand” (“just tell me what to do”).
- If married, a healthy marriage and family life.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- A strong desire and ability to effectively serve in a team context with staff and other ministry leaders.
- An authentic heart and passion to nurture and disciple kids in their faith.
- An appreciation and desire to serve in a rural (but growing) ministry context.
- A college degree preferred but not required. 2-5 years experience in children’s ministries.
Send your questions and resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org