Investing in LifeChange
Making Room is a three-year spiritual initiative that will challenge us to pray more boldly, to invite more intentionally and to give more sacrificially than ever before to advance God's mission together. It will also enable us to expand and update the LifeChange campus to take advantage of the unique position and opportunity God has set before us in our community.
Potential Ways to Invest
- Lifestyle Giving is giving by changing your lifestyle and priorities to free up resources for giving. This could also involve finding a creative source for additional income. It could also involve downsizing a vehicle or even a home in order to free up resources for kingdom purposes.
- Personal Property Gifts are the giving of a home, vacation home, commercial property, or land.
- Sacrificial Giving is increasing your gift by giving up something that you “love” but that is non-essential, realizing that in doing so, you are showing love for God’s great, redemptive work. A sacrifice might be as simple as giving up a weekly lunch. Or perhaps you and your family would purposely give up a vacation or a hobby for a season in order to give sacrificially.
- Appreciated Asset Giving is giving by transferring appreciated assets such as stocks, bonds, artwork, donor-advised funds, or real estate to get the extra tax benefits of eliminating capital gains taxes. The advantage of giving an “appreciated asset” rather than just selling it and giving the money to the church is that if you sell it first you may owe tax on the gain in value of your asset.
- Redirected Expenditures occur when funds can be directed toward the Lord’s work as other financial obligations are fulfilled during the campaign. These might include tuition payments, car loans, etc.
- Deferred Gifts are gifts that are received some time in the future by the church. During that time the donor retains interest in the assets. Examples: bequests, estate notes, charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, IRA beneficiary, life insurance.
- Raises or Bonuses dedicating a forthcoming raise or bonus as a way to fulfill one's commitment.
More information about how to invest non-cash assets to the LifeChange Charitable Advised Fund.
VISIT THIS PAGE AGAIN SOON:
THIS PAGE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND ADDITIONAL RESOURCES WILL BE ADDED TO FREQUENTLY.